For Immediate Release – October 5, 2022
On behalf of the International Anti-Slavery Commission, headquartered in Australia, I have great pleasure in announcing that the winner of the 2022 Medal of Freedom Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Global Fight to End Modern Slavery & Human Trafficking is:
Paul Hutchinson of Salt Lake City, Utah
United States of America
The IASC Anti-Slavery & Anti-Human Trafficking Global Awards are the world’s largest awards of their kind, with over 100 countries represented this year, and thousands of nominations.
The Medal of Freedom Award is the highest honour that can be bestowed on an individual, or group, because it is the public who votes. There are twenty categories of awards – ranging from education to computer technology and police and first responders, and all nominees receive a commemorative plaque, and the winner of each category also receives an additional commemorative medal.
However, Mr. Hutchinson is the winner of our most prestigious gold star global award: The Medal of Freedom Award.
I encourage the public to look at Mr. Hutchinson’s extraordinary background. There are very few people in the world willing to risk their own lives to help trafficked victims. Human trafficking is the world’s fastest growing crime – it’s a billion dollar industry, and traffickers are dangerous, and organised, and they will happily kill to protect it. It is only with the true bravery of someone like Mr. Hutchinson out there, searching for the answers to trafficking & slavery, and indeed rescuing victim after victim himself personally, that we ever hope to end this ever-growing horror of trafficking & slavery.
Rarely do we see a civilian take such heroic acts. Mt. Hutchinson’s extraordinary achievements have really, and truly, saved countless lives over a lifetime of charity, activism and philanthropic work.
Our gala awards night is being held at The Mirage Casino, Las Vegas October 29. 2022, and we invite the public, and all of the nominee’s supporters to join us in celebrating all of the nominees from around the world and their extra-ordinary success in rescuing victims, and convicting traffickers.
Again, I congratulate Mr. Hutchinson, and the many people who nominated this remarkable Utahn, and the team, friends and family around him who support the fight against human trafficking & modern slavery.
Signed for immediate release: October 5, 2022
For further information contact:
A/Prof Colleen B. Kelly (rtd)
International Anti-Slavery Commission, Australia
A Lifetime of Achievements:
- Serial Entrepreneur of over 15 successful companies
- Holds a Series 65 license as an Investment Advisor
- Founder of Child Liberation Foundation
- Received an Honorary Doctorate degree for his humanitarian work
- Knighted Sir Paul Hutchinson by the Knight’s of Templar in 2016
- Honorary Colonel for the Utah Attorney General’s office
- Executive Producer in the movie “The Sound of Freedom” featuring Jim Caviezel, Eduardo Verastegui, Manny Perez, Jose Zunig and Javier Godino
- The Paul S Hutchinson Award was given to 100 doctors in Mexico for their work in helping women and children
- Led over 20 undercover missions in 9 countries to identify and take down child trafficking rings
- Serves as a mentor and invests in young entrepreneurs as an angel investor in their companies
- Board Member of the Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Board Member of the Living Planet Aquarium
- Board Member of the Hale Centre Theater
- Board Member of the FBI Citizens Academy
- Nominated for Ellis Island Medal of Honor
- Honorary Colonel Unified Police Department
- Trained by CIA Operatives, Navy Seals and KRAV Experts
- Finance Chair for Sean Reyes Utah Attorney general
- Re-election Committee member for Senator Mike Lee
- Judge for the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge
- Mentor at the University of Utah School of Business
- Recognized by The Community Foundation of Utah as one of the “Enlightened 50” top innovators committed to the common good.
- Recognized as one of the 40 most influential young business leaders by Utah Business Magazine as he was selected as one of the “Forty under 40.”
- Honored by Hollywood F.A.M.E. with the International Humanitarian Award
- Recognized by Powerteam International with the Humanitarian Lifetime Achievement Award
- Winner of the Global Race Award from Harvard Law School
You must log in to post a comment.